Would you like me to pray for something?
Submit a prayer request!
All the below links open in another window. If any links appear to not be working, or if you have suggestions for other resources, please let me know!
Please note: I do not claim ownership, rights, administrative activities or privileges, etc. for any of the below links (unless clearly noted). These are just resources I've enjoyed for found helpful! :)
Last updated 31 August 2021.
- Book Recommendations
- Carmelite Prayer/Spirituality
- Catechesis & Faith Formation
- Facebook pages to follow
- Liturgy & the Mass
- Marriage, Family Life, and Relationships
- Movie Recommendations
- Our Lady | The Blessed Virgin Mary
- Somascan Spirituality
These are Catholic groups that I am either a member of and have found helpful for strengthening my relationship with Christ, or I know people who are members and have also found the group/association helpful for their relationship with Christ. Some are international and do not require you to live or meet in a specific place, others do. Visit their websites for more info and requirements.
- Angelic Warfare Confraternity - from their website: "The Angelic Warfare Confraternity is a supernatural fellowship of men and women bound to one another in love and dedicated to pursuing and promoting chastity together under the powerful patronage of St. Thomas Aquinas and the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Confraternity is an official apostolate of the Dominican Order."
- Auxilium Christianorum - Their aims are to 1. "To provide prayer for priests associated with Auxilium Christianorum so that their apostolate in driving out demons is efficacious," and 2. "To provide prayers for the members – priests, laity, family and friends – so that they are not adversely affected by the demonic." Visit their website for more info. Prayers are available in English, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, and other languages.
- Pious Union of St. Joseph - from their website: "A ministry of the Servants of Charity, the Pious Union of St Joseph enrolls Priests, Religious, and Laypersons in a Confraternity of Prayer for the benefit of the suffering and dying." Visit the webpage to learn more and to join.
- The Secular Order of the Discalced Carmelites - this is a group of lay people (single, married, etc.) and diocesan priests. The link is for the San Antonio community, but there are communities all around the world. From their website: "Discalced Carmelite Seculars are practicing members of the Catholic Church who, under the protection of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and inspired by St. Teresa of Jesus and St. John of the Cross, make the commitment to the Discalced Carmelite Order to seek the face of God for the sake of the Church and the world."
Please visit the "Books & Libraries" page for recommendations.
CATECHESIS & FAITH FORMATION
- Free faith formation correspondence course provided by the Knight of Columbus Catholic Information Service. Helpful for review for lifelong Catholics or for new Catholics who want to learn more!
- FORMED.org - an excellent resource for growing in your faith; includes movies, audio talks, eBooks, programs, children's programs, and more (has content in Spanish as well). Available through individual subscriptions, but many parishes also have subscriptions which allows parishioners to get a free account. To find out if your parish has a subscription, when clicking "SIGN UP" choose the third option ("I belong to a parish or organization") and search for your parish's name.
FACEBOOK PAGES TO FOLLOW
LITURGY & the MASS
MARRIAGE, FAMILY LIFE, AND RELATIONSHIPS
Some may be for more mature audiences.
OUR LADY | THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
RELIGIOUS & CONSECRATED LIFE
- THE CALL with the Discalced Carmelite Nuns of San Antonio
- Cloistered Life - has more info on learning about this vocation, as well as a directory of a number of cloistered convents and monasteries (of both men and women).
Para recursos y oración en español, visite: